The House of the Sorbs is the centre of the Sorbs' public life and the administrative centre of numerous Sorbian associations and organisations.
During the 19th century, today's square “ Postplatz” was still known as the " horses puddle ". At that point there was a small village pond. In 1945 "Maćica Serbska", the Sorbian Science Association, acquired the property of the war-damaged school Lessingschule at Postplatz 2. The building, which was completed in 1956, was inaugurated during the Second Sorbian Meeting. The foyer of the building is decorated with a glass mosaic by the Sorbian national artist Martin Nowak Neumann. Since then it is the centre of public Sorbian life and the administrative headquarters of numerous Sorbian associations and institutions. There is also the Sorbian Cultural Information where are all information about the Sorbs in Lusatia available. Mehr